Course Registration for Benefits-Eligible Employees
With the appropriate authorizations, benefits-eligible employees of Rice University may take one course per semester, either for credit or audit. (Please see important note below regarding eligible courses.) Please see University Policy #409 and/or #431 for complete details about benefits eligibility.
The registration period is the first two weeks of the semester and registration must be done in person (cannot be done online in ESTHER).
- Complete a Tuition Waiver Application Form.
- Get an authorizing signature of the employee’s supervisor, the course instructor, and Human Resources.
- Complete an Application and Registration Form for Visiting Students .
- Turn in completed Tuition Waiver Application Form and the Application and Registration Form for Visiting Students in-person to the Office of Registrar in order to officially register for the course. Please note that you are a Staff Member (ST) registering for the course.
- Course registration is limited by availability, and priority is given to degree-seeking students.
Retirees, spouses and domestic partners of benefits-eligible employees are also able to audit one course per semester. Spouses and domestic partners should follow the same registration procedures as benefits-eligible employees.
Please Note: All graduate courses in the Jones Graduate School of Business, all courses offering individual instruction in the School of Architecture, all undergraduate and graduate courses offering individual instruction including musical performance or composition in the Shepherd School of Music, and Glasscock School of Continuing Studies classes are excluded from this program.