How To Log On To Degree Works
There are two entry points into Degree Works.
Direct Log In
The preferred entry point is direct log in to Degree Works by clicking here or by typing https://degreeworks.rice.edu into your web browser. (Note: Chrome and Firefox are the preferred browsers. Internet Explorer and Safari are not supported browsers).
For those using the Firefox browser, please follow these steps to clear the cache before logging in:
- From the History menu, select “Clear Recent History.”
- From the Time range to clear drop-down menu, select “Everything” as the desired range to clear.
- Next to “Details," click the down arrow to choose "Cookies" and "Cache" to clear.
- Click “Clear Now” at the bottom.
ESTHER Log In
You can log in through ESTHER (directions below).
- Login to ESTHER using your Rice employee number and PIN.
- Click the "Faculty Services" tab.
- Click "Degree Works for Advisors."
- To proceed in ESTHER, you must have the Student ID or the name of a specific individual student assigned to you as an advisee. Enter student information and click "Submit." You may search by Student ID number or by name. (Note: if you do not have the specific Student ID or name of an individual student, you may follow the Direct Log In instructions (above) to Degree Works, followed by the Searching for a Cohort of Students instructions to refine your search.)
- When the student you searched for is found, click "Submit."
- Click "Degree Works" to see the audit for that student.
- You will then see the Degree Works audit worksheet for that student.
- If you are finished looking at a degree audit and would like to look at an audit for an additional student, it is not necessary to return to ESTHER to find more student degree audits in Degree Works. You may enter a new Student ID number in the Student ID field at the upper left corner of the screen and push “Enter.” You may also search for a student or a cohort of students by navigating to the “Find” screen. To do so, click the Find icon (magnifying glass) in the upper left corner.
Once on the Find screen, follow the instructions on the Searching for a Cohort of Students page for more information on refining search results.