Searching for an Individual Student
If you only need to review one individual student's worksheet in Degree Works, begin by logging on to Degree Works.
If you know the student's ID number,
- Enter the student ID in the upper-left corner and press the "Enter" key on the keyboard. (Notes: The "S" in the Student ID is case sensitive and must be capitalized; the first number following the "S" in the Student Number is the number "0", not the letter "O").
- After pressing "Enter", the student's degree audit worksheet should be displaying. From this point, the student's worksheet can be reviewed, or a petition can be entered.
- If you wish to look at another individual student's degree audit and you know the student's ID number, enter the other student ID in the upper-left corner and press the "Enter" key on the keyboard. The other student's degree audit worksheet should be displaying.
If you don't know the student's ID number,
- Navigate to the "Find" screen by clicking the magnifying glass in the upper left corner.
- Once on the "Find" screen, select the desired criteria from the Find screen drop down menus to find the student within the academic program. If searching for only one student, suggested criteria are the name and the major (or minor, certificate, or academic program). (Notes: if searching for the student by name, Degree Works uses the preferred first name, not the legal first name; it is only necessary to enter a First Name or a Last Name, not both, to find a student.)
- Click “Search” on the left after selecting the desired student criteria. (Note: "Search", not "OK")
- After the search results populate, click “OK” at the bottom left if the result is only the one individual student sought.
- If the search results show more than the one individual student sought, de-select (or “Uncheck”) the box next to the students’ names that are not the one individual student sought in the search. Leave the checked box only next to the one individual student sought. Then click “OK” at the bottom left.
Example search results for students with a common name:
- You will then be taken to the degree audit worksheet page of the student.
One you have found the student record, follow the instructions on the Navigating the Degree Works Audit Worksheet page, How to Submit a Petition page, or Approving or Not Approving Graduation page for more information.
Note: A student must have officially declared the major, minor, or certificate (or be a current student in the graduate-level academic program) in order to populate on the search results for the faculty member. If a student has not yet declared the major (or minor or certificate) for the academic program, they may present a Degree Works What If audit to the faculty member or share their existing Degree Works audit to the faculty member.