Residency and Attendance Verification
The Office of the Registrar, at the request of other offices on campus, maintains the "Residency and Attendance Verification" page in ESTHER. This page is set up to help Rice units plan for current and upcoming semesters.
Students should regularly review and update the information on the "Residency and Attendance Verification" page so that it is accurate. Inaccurate information may lead to delays or difficulties in obtaining some Rice services.
Updating Residency and Attendance Information in ESTHER
- From your web browser, go to ESTHER at https://esther.rice.edu.
- Login using your Net ID credentials and using DUO authentication
- Click Student Services
- Click Residency and Attendance Verification
- Update your residency and attendance information by choosing one of the options on the drop down menus. Click save when finished.
On that page, you will see any currently submitted residency and attendance information for the current semester. For example:
Below that box, you will have the opportunity to update your planned residency and attendance information:
How to Answer Residency/Attendance Questions
What will be your living situation?
Answers to this question are dependent upon your student level. Self-explanatory options for each student level are listed below.
Please note that your Local Address should correspond to your living location. Directions on how to view or verify your Local Address (and other addresses) are available here. Failure to have these correspond to one another may lead to delays or difficulties in obtaining some Rice services.
Options for Undergraduate and Undergraduate Professional Students
- I will be living on campus in a residential college
- I will be living in the Greater Houston area at home with my family
- I will be living in the Greater Houston area but not at home with my family
Options for Graduate Students
- I will be living in the Greater Houston area
- I will be living in Texas (but outside of the Greater Houston area)
- I will be living outside of Texas (but inside the United States)
- I will be living outside of the United States
For Graduate Students: Do you plan to come to campus for any reason during the term?
- Yes: Select this option if you plan to come to campus for any reason, if even for the smallest thing or just a few minutes
- No: Select this option if you do not plan to come to campus for any reason at all and will not visit campus for any reason during the selected semester