Rice has partnered with Leepfrog Technologies to streamline several of the labor-intensive processes that occur at Rice. Leepfrog provides a suite of applications that include workflow and validation for core university processes.
This page is intended to provide general information and updates about the implementation of the purchased software. If you have specific questions that are not addressed here, please email Justin Schilke, Deputy Registrar.
CourseLeaf Section Scheduler (CLSS)
The CourseLeaf Section Scheduler (CLSS) is designed to assist schools to plan, develop, and update the course schedule. For Rice, it will help us achieve more efficient course and classroom scheduling by eliminating the thousands of pieces of paper that are disbursed throughout campus each semester, make it easier for departments to meet the two-thirds rule for prime time course scheduling, and create transparency across departments and schools to proactively address course scheduling issues before they occur.
- To log in to CLSS, go to https://courseleaf.rice.edu/wen. Any Rice faculty or staff member can access CLSS; however, only individuals who have scheduling authority will be able to make changes to the appropriate scheduling unit. (Note: to log out you will need to close your browser and clear your cache.)
- OTR has created documentation to assist you in creating the schedule in CLSS. The documentation includes videos and step-by-step instructions and is available here.
CourseLeaf Curriculum (CIM)
The CourseLeaf Curriculum (CIM) module is a course inventory and curriculum management platform, with customized online forms and automated workflows, designed to ensure accuracy across an institution’s courses and programs. For Rice, it will allow departments and schools to collect the needed information for revisions to courses, provide notifications across campus for affected units, and integrate into the General Announcements so that revisions don't need to be made on each and every General Announcement page.
- To log in to CIM, go to https://courseleaf.rice.edu/courseadmin. Any Rice faculty or staff member has access to log in and submit a request. (Note: to log out you will need to close your browser and clear your cache.)
- If you need to approve a course request, you may do so by clicking on the email you received or by going to https://courseleaf.rice.edu/courseleaf/approve/ and selecting the role you are approving for.
- OTR has created documentation to assist you in submitting requests in CIM. The documentation includes videos and step-by-step instructions and is available here.
CourseLeaf Catalog (CAT)
The CourseLeaf Catalog (CAT) is a comprehensive Catalog Management System that is designed to assist schools in maintaining the university curricular requirements and policies in an interactive format. For Rice, we use it to revise the General Announcements.