Preparing for Graduation
During your final academic year, follow the below guidelines for a successful graduation experience.
In the Fall:
- Apply for a degree before the Application for Degree deadline.
- Review your Degree Works degree audit (UG and UP students, as well as students in select GR programs).
- Meet with your academic advisor to ensure that you will fulfill all the requirements for your major and/or minor (UG students only).
- Contact the Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies to confirm your graduation timeline status (GR students only).
In the Spring:
- Visit the Rice Bookstore to obtain your regalia, cap, gown, hoods, and stoles.
- Consult the Commencement website for the schedule of events, FAQs, and general information for families and guests.
- After final exams you will be requested to complete the Senior Exit Survey. A hold on accessing your transcript will be placed on your records until you complete the mandatory survey. An e-mail invitation will be sent to you at your Rice e-mail address with details after the final exam period in May (UG students only).
- Collect your diploma (available mid-to-late July).
- Login to ESTHER to update your contact information.
- Remember: Your Rice University e-mail address remains active until the August following graduation.
- Remember: ESTHER accounts are active indefinitely after graduation. As an alumni, you retain the ability to login and access your account at any time. You are encouraged to regularly update your contact information.