The following email was sent to all undergraduate students.
From the Office of the Registrar (OTR) . . . .
ATTN: ALL UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS ATTENDING FULL-TERM COURSES
RE: IMPORTANT: IMPORTANT: (SPRING 2021) LATE DROPS - UG STUDENTS
This e-mail is being sent as a courtesy reminder, and is a highlight of important deadlines posted in the Spring 2021 Academic Calendar: https://registrar.rice.edu/calendars/spring-semester-2021
Today begins the Last Week of Classes. As highlighted in previous correspondence, per the Faculty Senate-approved Spring 2021 Academic Relief accommodation (see below), Late Drops are still possible and permitted:
- Through the Last Day of Classes (Friday, April 30, 2021), Late Drops can and should be done via ESTHER.
- Late Drops will be processed and recorded with an ’NG’ grade.
- IMPORTANT: If late-dropping a course will put you below 12 hours (full-time status), you will want to determine if this will affect your financial aid status -and- you must secure approval from the Dean of Undergraduates Office prior to dropping to part-time (< 12 hours).
- IMPORTANT: Due to the potential negative impact of Late Drops on visa status, international students are expected to receive prior approval from the Office of International Students and Scholars before late-dropping a course.
- PLEASE NOTE: As noted above, from now through the Last Day of Classes (04/30), Late Drops should be done via ESTHER. After the Last Day of Classes (04/30) and through the deadlines posted in the Spring 2021 Academic Calendar, those Late Drops must be student-initiated by Special Registration Forms submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
For more info on the Faculty Senate-approved Spring 2021 Academic Relief accommodation: https://registrar.rice.edu/news/spring-2021-academic-relief-accommodation-1282021
Questions? Please contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org