The following email was sent to all undergraduate students who are continuing through Spring Semester 2021.
From the Office of the Registrar (OTR) . . .
ATTN: ALL CONTINUING UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS (THRU SPRING 2021)
RE: SP2021 REGISTRATION - COURSE REQUEST PERIOD ENDS FRIDAY, DEC. 4th at 5:00 PM
This e-mail is being sent as a courtesy reminder. As noted in the Fall 2020 Academic Calendar, the Spring 2021 registration process has begun with the official opening of the (Registration) Course Request Period. If you have holds, including the new flu vaccination hold, please promptly clear those so that you can begin the registration process.
Log in to ESTHER at: https://esther.rice.edu/
At Rice University, registration for undergraduate students is a two-part process:
- Students first submit their desired course selections via ESTHER during an official Course Request Period
- Students then perform "Adds" and "Drops" via ESTHER after the start of the Add/Drop Period
If you have not yet done so, please log in, clear all of your registration holds and make your initial course selections for Spring 2021. Again, the Course Request Period will end at 5:00pm on Friday (December 4th). Afterwards registration processing will take place and results will be e-mailed to students by noon on Monday (December 7th). On Tuesday (December 8th), the Registration Add/Drop Period will officially begin.
- For specific Spring 2021 Registration info (for undergraduates), please go to: https://registrar.rice.edu/students/spring-2021-registration-undergraduate-students
- Step-by-Step Instructions - ESTHER Registration, are at: https://registrar.rice.edu/students/reg_instructions
- For schedule planning, please see your Academic Advisor or a PAA. For assistance in using the ESTHER registration interface, students may contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-mail: This e-mail reminder is sent as a courtesy reminder to all UG students (http://registrar.rice.edu/email_policy/)