Transcripts and Verifications FAQs

How are third-party verifications obtained?

Rice University has contracted with the National Student Clearinghouse to handle all requests for degree verification and current enrollment verifications. You may request this information directly from the National Student Clearinghouse.

Please see contact information below:

I never attended Rice University and I need a Letter of Non-Attendance. How do I request one?

If you need a letter stating that you have never completed any course at Rice University, please complete the Enrollment and Degree Verification Form found on the Forms page of our website. Select the box for "Non-Attendance Letter" and send the completed form via e-mail to

Can I have someone pick up my transcript?

Transcripts are considered official college documents. Students can send family members or friends to pick up a transcript on their behalf as long as written authorization is provided by the degree recipient. The authorization should include the student's full name, student ID number, and handwritten signature. Anyone who is authorized to pick up documents must provide a valid, government-issued photo ID to the Office of the Registrar.

Where can I find my unofficial transcript?

You can view and print your unofficial transcript online via ESTHER.

  • Log into ESTHER
  • Go to the Student Services and Account Information tab, then select Student Records
  • Click on the Unofficial Academic Transcript link